Thursday, August 23, 2007

MM 8/23/2007: My daughter rocks!

First of all, let me say I don't want to offend anyone's beliefs, just share a story I love about my daughter.

I have to say I love, love, love my daughter. Both daughters actually. They are so awesome, but for different reasons. This post is about my eldest.

A few months ago she asked where the first person ever came from. She knew that dinosaurs came first so she thought that maybe a dinosaur mommy had a human baby. So I explained how the dinosaurs died out then the whole evolution thing, which she thought was pretty cool. Tonight, she asked where EVERYTHING came from, like the Earth and all living things. So I told her that people believe different things, told her about the Christian Creation and the Big Bang Theory, then asked her what she thought. (I'm a UU, we always try to present EVERY side of the debate). After a long time she said she thought it was all magic. How cute!

I just love it when she asks these big questions, even though I often don't know the answer. I wonder where all these thoughts come from, are they typical of a 5 or 6 year old? No matter, I still think she rocks!

No comments: