Tuesday, July 10, 2007

MM 7/10/2007: A little about me, Maya's Mom introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Christina and I'm new to this site. I live in Michigan with my husband and our two daughters, Saskia who is almost 6 and Fiona who is 3. I work part-time as an assistant Librarian at a college. I'm also working on my Master's in Library and Information Sciences, with a specialty in Information Management.

Between work, school, kids and household responsibilities I'm insanely busy most of the time. But when I do have a free moment I like reading and gardening. I used to do yoga but I quit after my second daughter was born and haven't been able to get back into it yet, although I'd really like to!

A few other things about me... I'm a member of Amnesty International and very interested in social justice and environmental issues. I try to be an involved parent and do things with my eldest daughter's school, like PTA and Girl Scouting events, but I don't succeed as often as I'd like. :(

I love being a mom, it's the best thing in the world. But sometimes it's nice to talk about grown-up stuff too! I hope I get the chance to discuss both here!

No comments: