Tuesday, November 4, 2008

For change, for hope

Here I sit at my desk, proudly sporting my "I Voted" sticker. I feel absolutely giddy, and slightly nervous. I know I'm going to be on pins and needles all day... how on earth will I concentrate on work knowing that the future of our country, and possibly the world hinges on this day. A bit melodramatic? Perhaps, but that's truly what I believe.

Yesterday Saskia asked me who I was voting for and why. I replied, "I'm voting for Barack Obama, because he gives me hope. Because he cares about people and the Earth, and he is our best chance to save ourselves." And it's the truth. For the first time I can remember, I believe a candidate actually has the ability to change the world for the better. If Obama doesn't win, it's not just the Democrats who will lose, it's all the people, the country, the world, the planet. If we don't change our ways now, there will be no future for our children, and Obama as President is the first step in that change.

So if you haven't gotten out to vote yet today, do it! Do it for your children, your grandchildren. Say yes to hope, yes to change, yes to a future. Say yes to Barack Obama.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Voting this morning gave me goosebumps. I feel change coming.

Homeslice said...

because i am a huge nerd, i actually woke up at 4 am excited to vote. it's the only time i've ever been this crazy over an election.

Jennifer said...

How odd, this feeling... to vote FOR someone, not just AGAINST the other guy.

Jess said...

I know exactly what you mean! I was so excited to vote! I took my kids to the polls with me so they could experience the democratic process. I have to go to class tonight, I don't think I'll be able to concentrate at all! Ahhhhh! I wanna know who won, like right now!

Sara said...

...and sometimes things happen as they should...