Friday, September 5, 2008

Hi, my name is Christina...

and I'm a Webkinz addict.

It started off peaceably enough. My daughter got her first Webkinz for her birthday a couple of weeks ago and has been hooked ever since. I started out hating the place, all the errors, breakdowns and things not working would have her crying hysterically because she couldn't do what she really wanted to do. But tonight I saw the other side.

Saskia recently bought some kitchen appliances in order to cook. I kept trying to convince her to buy a kitchen to put them in, but she didn't want to spend 500 Kinz dollars on a room. Then she discovered that she could buy her pet a garden. She was so excited to grow her own food and "get out in the fresh air". But it cost 1000 Kinz dollars. And so it began. I started answering questions for her to earn money. After about an hour I had enough to buy her a garden. But I was hooked. I then played for another hour, bought her a kitchen, a sink and some food. Then I found the arcade games. Lord help me, I finally forced myself to log off after about the thirtieth time my ant was killed in the picnic game. At least I now understand her addiction, let's just hope it's a minor one for both of us!

8 comments:

Lweeks said...

OMG - that's so funny! I got one of those for my granddaughter and myself but I haven't played in about 6 mos.I could play games with the kids while I was in LA and they were at home. It was fun - I can totally understand your 'addiction'. How's the job??

Jess said...

One of my close friends is a complete webkinz addict, I think this is why I have never gotten one for Aiden. I think I would be an addict too. Those little games look like fun.

Mimi said...

Oh I am there with you! I find myself logging on when the kids are in bed just so I can earn points for them.

And here's the thing... Josh likes to decorate his own rooms, but Sam doesn't really care... he's 3... so I decorate the webkinz rooms in different themes, I buy them clothes... I log on so they can get all their "daily cash" from wheel of wow, and "I love my webkinz" and all the other daily activities...

.... I should stop now before I embarrass myself even more...

::hangs head::

jae said...

Awww bonding! I haven't even heard os Webkinz before you had mentioned them a little while ago, and at this rate I'm hoping I never actually see it in person!

Jenni said...

LOL, that's so funny! I've never seen the webkinz, thankfully Dylan has not discovered it yet. I know I would be just as addicted as you if I ever went on there :)

Destiny said...

Not only do I play on my dd acount i have MY VERY OWN account. My dd insisted on getting webkinz for gramma and papa so she can play with them online.

Sometimes I think I am more addicted than she is. My addiction also started in the Quizzie corner attempting to earn linzcash for the child lol.

Alicia said...

This is all just cracking me up. Remind me to never let my niece show me the website!

Homeslice said...

the first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. i think you, mimi and destiny could get a group rate at a webkinz rehab!