Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I am blessed

Despite my moaning and complaining occasionally about my kids, my life, my stress I have to stop every now and then and remind myself to count my blessings.

I have two smart, well behaved, healthy beautiful children who teach me new things and bring me joy every day.

I have a supportive, loving husband.

I love my job.

I get to expand my mind and my knowledge regularly by attending graduate school.

I have wonderful, supportive parents.

I have kind and interesting friends.

I have a roof over my head, clothes on my body and food on my table.

All my loved ones are healthy.

I have a caring UU community to act as my sanctuary when the greater world gets to be too much.

...I'm sure I have many more blessings, theses are just the ones that come to mind right now. I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging. I just had one of those moments where I looked at my child and recognized how special she is and how lucky I am to have her (and her sister) in my life; and I had to stop and pay homage to her and to the wonder that is life!

No comments: